Jeera Rice (Cumin Flavoured Rice)

>> 1/6/10




Ingredients :-
1.Basmati Rice - 2 cups
2.Water - 4 cups
3.Cumin Seeds - 1 1/2 tspn
4.Turmeric Powder - 3/4 tspn
5.Bay Leaves - 2-3 nos
6.Onion - 1 (chopped)
7.Cillantro - to garnish
8.Salt - to taste
9.Oil - 2 tbspn

Preperation :-
1.Soak rice in warm water for 15-20 mins and drain it well.
2.Heat oil in a wide kadai or pan and add cumin seeds to it.
3.Let it get fried a little. Once you get that cumin flavour, add bay leaves to it and fry for few seconds.
4.Add turmeric powder to it and fry it for 2-4 seconds.
5.Add onion to this and sautee it well.
6.Add drained rice to it and fry it for 10 mins.
7.Meanwhile, boil 4 cups of water with salt. Add salt little more than to taste.
8.If you have a rice cooker, transfer this rice and hot water to it and cook it. (or)
9.Pour this boiling water to rice and cook it till water is completely absorbed and rice is well cooked.
10.Garnish it with fresh cillantro and mint leaves if you like it.
                          

0 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog.


Cooking is my passion. I try not to miss my fav cookery shows. And yes ofcourse, different recipes, tips and tricks from my friends helps me a lot. When i try new recipes, sometimes it turns out good but sometimes it wont (It might need a couple of trials though). Anyways, my family and friends are happy with what i make (well.. most of the time). So i decided to start a blog, an 'all-in-one' blog. And i will try my best to make it an 'all-in-one' blog.

Collecting useful informations are one of my hobbies. The informations i collect does help me in many ways. I started saving it in my computer. Later on i thought of sharing it in my blog so that my friends and others can also benefit from it.

Once again, i thank you for visiting my blog and a special thanks to my friends who commented on my posts. I will keep updating it. Please pour in your valid suggestions and comments so that i can make my blog a better one.

THANK YOU.. KEEP SMILING..

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP