Palappam

>> 1/2/10





Ingredients :-
1.Raw rice - 2cups
2.Cooked rice - a hand ful (optional)
3.Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
4.Yeast - 1/2 tspn
5.Rawa - 2 tbspn
6.Salt - to taste
7.Sugar - 1 tspn

Preperation :-
1.Soak rice for 6 hrs.
2.Grind it along with coconut to a fine paste.
3.Keep this in warm water.
4.Meanwhile, mix yeast and sugar in luke warm water (1/2 cup) and keep it in warm place, preferably in oven. Let it rise (15-20 mins)
5.Boil half cup of water and cook rawa in it. Keep stirring so that it wont burn in the bottom.
6.Switch off the stove once it starts thickening.
7.Now the rice paste made above will be warm, pour yeast mix and warm rawa porridge into it and mix well with hand.
8.Let the mix be a little thick than idli batter. Keep it inside oven and warm oven in 170d for 3-4 mins. Do not open it and let it ferment for 6-8 hrs.
9.Once the batter is fermented, add one egg white, salt n sugar to taste with required coconut milk (you can dilute coconut milk with water if you want).
10.Now, put this back into the oven and warm it in 170d for another 3-4 mins and let it be there for 30mins.
11.Heat appachatti and pour 1-2oz and just rotate the chatti. Keep it closed till you see steam comming out.

Mutta curry (egg curry). The best combination curry for appam.






0 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog.


Cooking is my passion. I try not to miss my fav cookery shows. And yes ofcourse, different recipes, tips and tricks from my friends helps me a lot. When i try new recipes, sometimes it turns out good but sometimes it wont (It might need a couple of trials though). Anyways, my family and friends are happy with what i make (well.. most of the time). So i decided to start a blog, an 'all-in-one' blog. And i will try my best to make it an 'all-in-one' blog.

Collecting useful informations are one of my hobbies. The informations i collect does help me in many ways. I started saving it in my computer. Later on i thought of sharing it in my blog so that my friends and others can also benefit from it.

Once again, i thank you for visiting my blog and a special thanks to my friends who commented on my posts. I will keep updating it. Please pour in your valid suggestions and comments so that i can make my blog a better one.

THANK YOU.. KEEP SMILING..

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP