Easy Chicken Biriyani

>> 2/10/10

Main Ingredients :-
1.Basmati Rice - 2cups (rice cooker measuring cup)
2.Chicken - 1lb (marinate chicken pieces with salt, turmeric powder and 1tbspn lemon juice)
3.Onion - 2 medium size (thinly sliced)
4.Tomato - 2nos (chopped)

A)For rice :-
1.Onion - 1/2 (from above)
2.Cardamom - 3nos
3.Cinammon - 2 pieces (1inch long)
4.Cloves - 2nos
5.Fennel seeds - 1/2tspn
6.Ghee/oil - as required

Preperation :-

1.Wash rice and soak it in warm water for 14-20 mins.
2.Drain it well for 10 mins.
3.Heat ghee/oil in a wide kadai and fry garam masala and fry rice in it for another 6-10 mins
4.Keep it aside.

B)Masala :-
1.Biriyani Masala - 3-4tbspn (preferably MDH Bombay Biriyani Masala)
2.Garam Masala - 1/2tspn
3.Ginger & Garlic paste - 2tbspn (fresh paste)
4.Greenchillies - 2-3nos (make a paste with ginger, garlic and greenchillies for better flavour)
5.Oil - as required

Preperation :-

1. Heat oil in a pan and sautee onions till it is transluscent.
2.Add the paste prepared above to it and sautee it well till the raw smell disappears.
3.Add masala powders to it and sautee it well.
4.Now put chopped tomatoes and chicken into a pressure cooker.
5.Add the cooked masala prepared above to it and mix it well till the chicken pieces are well coated.
6.Cook it till you get 2 whistles.
7.Open the cooker after 5 mins once you hear 2nd whistle.
8.Now seperate chicken pieces and gravy.

C)Biriyani Preperation :-
1.Measure the quantity of masala with measuring cup and add water to it. Make it 4 cups of liquids alltogether. You can also substitute 1 cup of water with 1 cup of chicken stock.
2.Bring this to a boil with required salt. Transfer it to rice cooker vessel
3.Now, add few drops of pineapple flavour, 1tspn rose water, chopped cillantro and a couple of mint leaves to this boiling water.
4.Add fried rice to it. Let it cook.
5.Meanwhile, keep the chicken with leftover gravy on stove till it is well cooked and all water is gone.
6.Once the rice is cooked, heat little ghee in a kadai and fry some cashew n raisens.
7.Mix rice with chicken and fried cashew raisens.
8.Bake it in a pre-heated oven in 360d for 30-45mins (make sure that you cover biriyani with alluminium foil and make few holes in it)

Tasty biriyani is ready. Garnish it with fried onions and boiled eggs.

0 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog.


Cooking is my passion. I try not to miss my fav cookery shows. And yes ofcourse, different recipes, tips and tricks from my friends helps me a lot. When i try new recipes, sometimes it turns out good but sometimes it wont (It might need a couple of trials though). Anyways, my family and friends are happy with what i make (well.. most of the time). So i decided to start a blog, an 'all-in-one' blog. And i will try my best to make it an 'all-in-one' blog.

Collecting useful informations are one of my hobbies. The informations i collect does help me in many ways. I started saving it in my computer. Later on i thought of sharing it in my blog so that my friends and others can also benefit from it.

Once again, i thank you for visiting my blog and a special thanks to my friends who commented on my posts. I will keep updating it. Please pour in your valid suggestions and comments so that i can make my blog a better one.

THANK YOU.. KEEP SMILING..

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP